Search the collections
Photograph - Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd, Camera Assembly, Abbotsford, Victoria, circa 1950s Reg. No: MM 96615
- Black and white, silver gelatin photograph of camera assembly, Kodak Australasia, Abbotsford, Victoria, circa 1950s.
The camera assembly plant was in the Duke Street building in Abbotsford. The camera being assembled is a Box Brownie II.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
- Black and white, silver gelatin photograph printed on medium weight paper, landscape format with a white border.
- Description Of Content:
- The photograph shows a camera being assembled. To the left of the image is a pair of hands holding the body of a camera and using a micro-screwdriver to tighten a screw. A pair of pliers is on a table to the right of the camera being assembled. To the right is a small tray with the parts for the camera, screws and small plates with 'CLOSE UP" printed on them. There is a row of camera lenses and far right, four cameras stacked with the front in view. To the rear on the left, seven cameras waiting for the specific parts to be assembled.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
- Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
|Dimensions:||196 mm (Height), 245 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||photographic equipment, cameras, manufacturing, factories, photography, making history - kodak collection|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Kodak Heritage Collection, Baker & Rouse, Baker & Rouse, Abbotsford Workshops, Kodak Australasia|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Photographic Products|
|Tertiary Classification:||factory interior views|
|Inscriptions:||Back, handwritten, pencil" 'Camera assembly - Abbotsford'
Back, bottom right, stamp, green ink: 'PRINT No. CF.60020/DACRE & PAULINE STUBBS/ PHOTOGRAPHY/ 2 COLEDRIDGE STREET,/ ELWOOD, VICTORIA,/ XA2486 AUSTRALIA.'
|Model Name/Number:||Box Brownie II|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Abbotsford, Victoria, Australia, 1950-1959|
|Organisation Depicted:||Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Abbotsford, Victoria, Australia, 1950-1959|
|Photographer:||Dacre & Pauline Stubbs Photography, Elwood, Victoria, Australia, 1950-1959|