Search the collections
Photograph - Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd, Early Print Cutting Machines, New Zealand, 1960-1969 Reg. No: MM 96616
- Black and white, silver gelatin photograph of early print cutting machines, Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd, New Zealand, 1960-1969.
The photograph shows the processing laboratory with print cutting machines. Far left is Tony Mosely and standing next to him in a laboratory coat is Ralph Salt. Multiple films were printed on one roll of paper which were then cut automatically and matched into orders by staff. This shows a move into automated, high speed printing after the single, manual printing process that was used earlier.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
- Black and white, silver gelatin photograph printed on light weight paper, landscape format with a white border.
- Description Of Content:
- Three men (visible) and two women, wearing laboratory coats, are standing and looking at a piece of machinery. The machine features rollers at one end and strips of paper with images are threaded through. At the other end there is a stack of vertically standing pieces of paper. The woman at the centre of the image is wearing a white hat, while the woman to the right has a beehive hairdo.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
- Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
|Dimensions:||218 mm (Height), 169 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||photographic equipment, photographic papers, manufacturing, factories, photography, machines, making history - kodak collection|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Kodak Heritage Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Photographic Products|
|Inscriptions:||Back, handwritten, pencil: 'EARLY KODAK PRINT CUTTERS'
Back, handwritten, pencil: '3' [circled] and '3" wide'
|People Depicted:||Salt, Ralph; Mosely, Tony|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Kodak Australasia, New Zealand, 1960-1969|
|Organisation Depicted:||Kodak Australasia, New Zealand, 1960-1969|