Search the collections
Similar items over time
Photograph - Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd, Camera Repair Workshop, Abbotsford, Victoria, circa 1957 Reg. No: MM 96620
- Black and white, silver gelatin photograph of two men repairing Kodak cameras in a workshop at the Kodak factory in Abbotsford, Victoria, circa 1957.
The camera repair workshop was in the Camera Assembly building in Duke Street Abbotsford.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
- Black and white, silver gelatin photograph printed on light weight paper, landscape format with a white border.
- Description Of Content:
- Two men seated at a bench in a workshop repairing cameras. The man closest to camera is wearing glasses and has an apron over his jacket. The other man is wearing a shirt and woolen vest. On the bench are tools of trade such as brushes, bottles of liquid, a screwdriver and safety glasses. A number of dis-assembled cameras sit on the bench. A calendar is hanging on the wall at the back of the workshop, above a white porcelain sink. A towel hangs next to this, adjacent to a hole in the wall. Shelving on the wall at left holds items such as a tin of unidentified Shell petroleum product, a beer bottle and general equipment.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
- Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
|Dimensions:||60 mm (Height), 87 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||cameras, factories, manufacturing plants, photographic equipment, photography, repairs maintenance, making history - kodak collection|
|Themes this item is part of:||Kodak Heritage Collection, Images & Image Making Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Baker & Rouse, Baker & Rouse|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Photographic Products|
|Inscriptions:||Reverse, stamp, green ink: '304'|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Abbotsford, Victoria, Australia, circa 1957|
|Organisation Depicted:||Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Abbotsford, Victoria, Australia, circa 1957|