Search the collections
Photograph - Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd, Foreman's Club, Staff Portrait, Abbotsford, circa 1947 Reg. No: MM 96633
- Black and white photograph of a group portrait of male Kodak staff called the 'Foreman's Club'. The photograph was taken at Abbotsford circa 1947-1948, and was later published in the 'Nostalgia' section of the 'Australian Kodakery' magazine, July 1977 edition.
Front row from left to right: Orme Goble, Jack Stansfield, Geoff Baker, Stan Hawkins, Stuart Sanderson, Lionel Andrew, George McKillop. Second row from left to right: Alan Bell, Wilf Hayes, Fred Haugh, Sam White, Everett Wilkinson, Percy Minter, Bill Lugg, Jack Street, Harry Richardson. Third row from left to right: Cyril Edwards, Ed. Perkins, Fred Smith, Arthur Haugh, Sid Gray, Gerry Collins, Arch Scull, Ian Yelland, Len Wells. Fourth row from left to right: Harry Horswill, Charlie Whincup, Jim Myers, Bill McCarthy, Neil Payne, Stan Ward, Bob Duff, Ern Van de Velde, Wilfred Hassett.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
- Black and white photograph of an original photograph printed on medium weight Kodak paper, landscape format but an irregularly cut print.
- Description Of Content:
- Group portrait of thirty four men positioned in four rows in a garden setting. In the front row is seated seven men on the ground. In the second row, nine men are seated. In the third row, nine men are standing and in the last row, another nine men are standing.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
- Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
|Dimensions:||142 mm (Height), 203 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||executives, photography, staff, portraits, gardens, making history - kodak collection|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Kodak Heritage Collection, Baker & Rouse, Baker & Rouse, Abbotsford Workshops, Kodak Australasia|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Photographic Products|
|Inscriptions:||Front, right top corner, handwritten, black felt tip pen: 'Published in/ "Nostalgia" section/ Australian Kodakery/ July 1977'|
|People Depicted:||Goble, Orme; Stansfield, Jack; Baker, Geoff; Hawkins, Stan; Sanderson, Stuart; Andrew, Lionel; McKillop, George; Bell, Alan; Hayes, Wilf; Haugh, Fred; White, Sam; Wilkinson, Everett; Minter, Percy; Lugg, Bill; Street, Jack; Richardson, Harry; Edwards, Cyril; Perkins, Ed; Smith, Fred; Haugh, Arthur; Gray, Sid; Collins, Gerry; Scull, Arch; Yelland, Ian; Wells, Len; Horswill, Harry; Whincup, Charlie; Myers, Jim; McCarthy, Bill; Payne, Neil; Ward, Stan; Duff, Bob; Van de Velde, Ern; Hassett, Wilfred|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White; Irregular cut of paper|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Abbotsford, Victoria, Australia, 1947-1948|
|Organisation Depicted:||Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Abbotsford, Victoria, Australia, 1947-1948|
|References:||Newspaper cutting, [HT 21479], 'Nostalgia', Australian Kodakery, July 1977, p5.|