Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Organisation Depicted Abbotsford, Australia
Photograph - Kodak Limited, Kodak Hunting Group, Victoria, circa 1908 Reg. No: MM 96640
- Black and white silver gelatin photograph of three members of the Kodak Hunting Group, Victoria, circa 1908.
The Kodak Hunting Group was a social and sporting club within Kodak Limited. Standing in a bush setting, the man at the far right is Lewis Lewis.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
- Black and white, silver gelatin photograph, printed on light weight paper, portrait format with a white border.
- Description Of Content:
- Three men wearing Kodak jumpers and short sleeved tops are posed for a photograph in a bush setting. Two of the men are carrying long walking sticks and two are wearing hats. There are large branches on the ground and dense foliage from the trees in the background of the photograph. The man to the right is holding an item in his hand.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
- Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
|Dimensions:||134 mm (Height), 82 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||hunting, sporting clubs, leisure activities, bushland, portraits|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Leisure Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Kodak Heritage Collection, Baker & Rouse|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Photographic Products|
|Inscriptions:||Front, backing board, handwritten, blue pen: 'LEWIS LEWIS' underlined and with an arrow pointing at the man in the photograph.|
|People Depicted:||Lewis, Lewis|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Organisation Depicted:||Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Abbotsford, Victoria, Australia, circa 1908
The photograph is on the opposite page of an album with MM 96639. The inscription relating to MM 96639 states, 'Early 1900s'. Given the name 'Kodak' on the jumpers similar to those worn by the football players of MM 96639, the estimated date is at the time that Australian Kodak Limited was registered as a company.