Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Organisation Depicted Abbotsford, Australia
Photograph - Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd, Edgar Rouse & Man, circa 1960 Reg. No: MM 96642
- Black and white, silver gelatin photograph of Edgar Rouse [left] and unidentified man, circa 1960. The two men are holding a wedding photograph.
Edgar Rouse was the only son of John (JJ) Rouse, who was managing director of Kodak Australasia from 1908 until his death in 1938. After JJ Rouse's death, Edgar Rouse succeeded him as chairman and chief managing director of Kodak Australasia until his own retirement in 1959.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
- Black and white silver gelatin photograph, printed on medium weight paper, landscape format with a white border.
- Description Of Content:
- Two men photographed from the waist up, both wearing suits. The man on the left is wearing a dark, three-piece suit with a white shirt and striped tie. The man to the right has a light coloured, herring bone jacket with a white shirt and tie. The two men are holding a photograph [possibly a wedding photograph] and the man to the right who appears younger, is turned to the man on the left and is smiling at him. The two men are in a wood panelled room.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
- Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
|Dimensions:||116 mm (Height), 139 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||staff, executives, photography, making history - kodak collection|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Kodak Heritage Collection, Baker & Rouse, Abbotsford Workshops, Kodak Australasia|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Photographic Products|
|People Depicted:||Rouse, Edgar|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Organisation Depicted:||Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Abbotsford, Victoria, Australia, circa 1960|