Search the collections
Photograph - Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd, Man In Australian Military Uniform, circa 1939-1945 Reg. No: MM 96644
- Black and white silver gelatin photograph of a man in Australian World War II military uniform, circa 1939-1945.
The man is yet to be identified but he appears to be a Captain and has a Military Cross. This photograph is part of the Kodak Heritage Collection, but it is not known if he was a Kodak staff member, a visitor to the Kodak factory in Abbotsford, or if the photograph was simply printed by Kodak and he has no relationship to Kodak.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
- Black and white silver gelatin photograph, printed on medium weight textured paper, portrait format with a black border.
- Description Of Content:
- Portrait of a man in Australian military uniform. The man is seated against a pale backdrop with subdued lighting. His hands are resting on his thighs and he is leaning forward slightly. The photograph is cropped along the man's right arm.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
- Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
|Dimensions:||275 mm (Height), 187 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||portraits, soldiers, photography, making history - kodak collection|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Kodak Heritage Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Photographic Products|
|Inscriptions:||Front, lower right hand corner, signature, light blue ink [possibly of the photographer]: 'Lee'.|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Date Depicted:||Australia, circa 1939-1945
This date range is the range of World War II.