Search the collections
Sticker - 'Save 3 Buckets a Day!', 2004 Reg. No: HT 22043
- White sticker overprinted in dark blue, depicting 3 water buckets, with names and logos of City West Water, South East Water and Yarra Valley Water and message "Save 3 buckets a day!"
- White high gloss paper, overprinted in dark blue, with adhesive backing and a peel-off paper backing.
- Statement Of Significance:
- These items were collected during the Water Smart Home project and document the developing strategies used by the Victorian Government, water authorities, private industries and communities in confronting the emerging water crisis from 1995 to 2007. It captures the increasing urgency to address the growing imbalance between water supply and demand. It demonstrates a shift in government strategy away from an investment in major infrastructure to a campaign focused on behaviour change methods to reduce water consumption and secure Melbourne's water future.
An interesting feature of this material is the focus on gardening. Prior to water restrictions, Melbourne households used up to 50% of potable water for gardening - a significant focus of the public education campaign was therefore directed to this popular cultural activity and offered many ways to preserve this activity within the limits of Melbourne's water supply.
The Smart Water Fund was set up as part of the 'Our Water Our Future' campaign to support innovative water conservation projects, including Museum Victoria's Water Smart Home project. This material was collected as part of the Water Smart Home project. It shows how the 'Our Water Our Future' campaign infiltrated households in Melbourne, and documents the broader community messages and education strategies.
- Acquisition Information:
- Collected from Ms Liza Dale-Hallett - Museum Victoria Collections, Research & Exhibitions
|Dimensions:||70 mm (Height), 300 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||behavioural changes, conservation, gardening, government policies, industrial design, innovations, national water week, natural environment, recycling, waste, water|
|Themes this item is part of:||Water Smart Home - Project Description, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Engineering Collection, Leisure Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Conservation - Water|
|Tertiary Classification:||promotional materials|
|Inscriptions:||Text, printed: Save 3/buckets/a day!/www.savewater.com.au.|
|Author:||Victorian Government, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 2004|
|Organisation Named:||City West Water, Sunshine, Victoria, Australia, 2004|
|Organisation Named:||South East Water, Moorabbin, Victoria, Australia, 2004|
|Organisation Named:||Yarra Valley Water, Mitcham, Victoria, Australia, 2004|