Search the collections
Postcard - Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd, Aerial View of Kodak Factory, Coburg, circa 1965 Reg. No: MM 98415
- Colour postcard of an aerial view of the Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd factory in Coburg, circa 1965.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
- Colour printed image on cardboard.
- Description Of Content:
- Aerial view of a factory complex. The complex is situated amongst suburban houses and open fields. To the left are single storey large factory hangers. At the centre are smaller single storey buildings. To the right in the foreground is a multi-storey building with car parks at the front and back of the building. To the rear of the image, at right, is a chimney and building with cooling towers. Paved roads intersect the complex of buildings.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
- Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
|Dimensions:||101 mm (Height), 153 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||factories, buildings, photography, cars, manufacturing plants, chimneys, car parks, cooling towers|
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Kodak Heritage Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Construction of the Kodak Factory at Coburg, Baker & Rouse|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Photographic Products|
|Tertiary Classification:||factory exterior views|
|Inscriptions:||Back, text: 'POST CARD/This aerial view shows the home of Kodak in/Australia. In this plant spread over 100 acres,/and unique in Australia, photographic films,/papers and chemicals are manufactured.'|
|Organisation Depicted:||Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Coburg, Victoria, Australia, Apr 1961|