Search the collections
Photograph - Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd, Plate Coating Machine, Abbotsford Factory, circa 1958 Reg. No: MM 98664
- Black and white silver gelatin photograph of a plate coating machine at the Kodak Abbotsford factory, circa 1958.
Plate manufacturing ceased with the move to the Coburg plant in 1960-1961.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
- Black and white silver gelatin photograph printed on light weight paper, landscape format.
- Description Of Content:
- Photograph of a section of a plate coating machine. A metal cylinder is connected by rubber tubes to two smaller cylinders that sit either side of a series of rollers. Rectangular pieces of paper are moving across the rollers.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
- Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
|Dimensions:||158 mm (Height), 206 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||factories, photography, manufacturing plants, paper machinery, making history - kodak collection|
|Themes this item is part of:||Baker & Rouse, Images & Image Making Collection, Kodak Heritage Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Photographic Products|
|Tertiary Classification:||factory interior views|
|Inscriptions:||Back, handwritten, blue ink pen: '137. Plate Coating Machine'|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|Organisation Depicted:||Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Victoria, Australia, circa 1958|