Search the collections
Similar items over time
Negative - International Harvester, Warragul Machinery Co., Bona Vista, Warragul, 1940 Reg. No: MM 115081
- Part of a large collection of glass plate and film negatives, transparencies, photo albums, product catalogues, videos, motion picture films, company journals, advertisements and newspaper cuttings relating to the operations of the International Harvester Company and its subsidiaries in Australia.
The International Harvester Company of America was formed in 1902 by the merger of five leading American agricultural machinery manufacturers. An Australian subsidiary was established in 1904 to manage Australian distribution and sales and over subsequent decades International Harvester became a major competitor to local manufacturers like H.V. McKay's Sunshine Harvester Works.
Later International Harvester established its own Australian manufacturing works, producing agricultural equipment (and later tractors) at Geelong from 1939, motor trucks at Dandenong from 1952 and earthmoving and construction equipment at Port Melbourne from 1958.
- Black & white cellulose acetate photographic negative.
- Description Of Content:
- Taken 23 April 1940. Jim McDonald (salesman) demonstrating a McCormick-Deering fertiliser spreader to Mr Glenn of Bona Vista via Warragul, Victoria.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from International Trucks Pty Ltd
|Dimensions:||162 mm (Height), 210 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||agricultural equipment, tractors, motor vehicles, motor trucks, farms, fertilizer spreaders|
|Themes this item is part of:||Engineering Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Transport Collection, International Harvester (IH) Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Crop Management - Seeding & Fertilising|
|Tertiary Classification:||fertiliser equipment|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 8 in. x 6 in.|
|Place Depicted:||Warragul, Gippsland, Victoria, Australia|
|Creator:||International Harvester Co of Australia Pty Ltd (IHC), Victoria, Australia, 23 April 1940|