Search the collections
Similar items over time
Negative - International Harvester, Victorian Office, Motor Truck Showroom, 1946 Reg. No: MM 115546
- Part of a large collection of glass plate and film negatives, transparencies, photo albums, product catalogues, videos, motion picture films, company journals, advertisements and newspaper cuttings relating to the operations of the International Harvester Company and its subsidiaries in Australia.
The International Harvester Company of America was formed in 1902 by the merger of five leading American agricultural machinery manufacturers. An Australian subsidiary was established in 1904 to manage Australian distribution and sales and over subsequent decades International Harvester became a major competitor to local manufacturers like H.V. McKay's Sunshine Harvester Works.
Later International Harvester established its own Australian manufacturing works, producing agricultural equipment (and later tractors) at Geelong from 1939, motor trucks at Dandenong from 1952 and earthmoving and construction equipment at Port Melbourne from 1958.
- Black & white cellulose acetate photographic negative.
- Description Of Content:
- Showroom and service parts counter at the International Harvester Co. of Australia, Harvester House, South Melbourne. International K Series motor trucks displayed. The new American IHC corporate design and logo have been recently introduced.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from International Trucks Pty Ltd
|Dimensions:||162 mm (Height), 210 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||agricultural equipment, tractors, motor vehicles, motor trucks|
|Themes this item is part of:||Engineering Collection, International Harvester (IH) Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Transport Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Agricultural & Horticultural Equipment|
|Tertiary Classification:||product displays|
|Format:||Negative: Black & White; 8 in. x 6 in.|
|Place & Date Depicted:||South Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 11 Dec 1946|
|Creator:||International Harvester Co of Australia Pty Ltd (IHC), Victoria, Australia|