Search the collections
Price List - H.V. McKay Massey Harris, Victoria, "D King", 1937 Reg. No: TL 41017
- A book format price list of Farm Machinery in Victoria. This publication has a soft cardboard cover with decorative printing around the title. The name D King has been handwritten on the cover. The inside cover page lists the details of the branches and distributors and includes an engraving of an aerial view of the Sunshine Harvester Works.
The book is intended for use by Agents and is prefaced with a note from the company requesting that the agents invite their ?farmer friends? to inspect the Sunshine Harvester Works when they are visiting Melbourne as it is only 20 minutes by electric train from Flinders or Spencer Street stations. Customers unable to make the trip are invited to the Melbourne Showroom to inspect the displays and to make use of the other services offered. Included is a printed engraving of the Melbourne Showrooms. Other information for agents includes code words for telegraphed communications with the factory and details of sales tax, deferred payment plans and disclaimers from farmers required under specific Government Acts. An index is included at the back along with blank Memoranda pages and calendar.
The price lists begin with the ?Sunshine? Harvester, followed by the larger machines, and then smaller tools, implements and gates. The index is 4 pages showing the increased range of products available. Within the lists are illustrations, although smaller than in the earlier years, and detailed text explaining variant models, standard fittings, extra components for purchase and specifications. Prices quoted are for delivery on Rails at Sunshine and a discount was applied for cash paid on delivery.
Each item has a code word included to simplify ordering. In earlier years there was a remarkable range of words, however the codes used in this publication have been shortened to a standard four letter format. There is hand annotation and price calculations throughout the book.
Of note is the inclusion of 2 small booklets with updated lists at the front of the book. The last page of the updates states ?Be sure to gum this onto Page 1 of your Price Book No. 37."
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from AGCO Australia Limited, 2008
|Tagged with:||agricultural equipment, agriculture, harvesting equipment, farming methods, weed control, tractor equipment|
|Themes this item is part of:||H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd, Agricultural Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria, Hugh V. McKay, Agricultural Implement & Machinery Manufacturer, Ballarat & Sunshine, Victoria, H.V. McKay Sunshine Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Massey-Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd, Agricultural & Construction Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria, Engineering Collection, Trade Literature Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Agricultural & Horticultural Equipment|
|Tertiary Classification:||price lists|
|Primary Subject:||Agricultural Equipment|
|Cover Title:||'SUNSHINE & MASSEY HARRIS FARM MACHINERY, No.37 AGENTS' PRICE BOOK FOR VICTORIA,1937'|
|Publication Types:||Price List; Comprehensive Catalogue|
|Illustration Types:||Black & White; Line Drawings; Engravings|
|Page Size Format:||120 mm x 180 mm|
|Number of Pages:||232|
|Manufacturer:||Hugh V. McKay|
This item is part of the following themes:
- H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd, Agricultural Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria
- Hugh V. McKay, Agricultural Implement & Machinery Manufacturer, Ballarat & Sunshine, Victoria
- H.V. McKay Sunshine Collection
- Sustainable Futures Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Massey-Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd, Agricultural & Construction Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria
- Engineering Collection
- Trade Literature Collection