Search the collections
Photograph - Photograph - Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Kodak Shopfront & Building, Melbourne, circa 1930 Reg. No: MM 106279
- Black and white silver gelatin photograph of a Kodak Australasia shopfront and building, Melbourne, circa 1930.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
- Black and white silver gelatin print, pasted on board, portrait format.
- Description Of Content:
- At the centre of this photograph of a streetscape is a building with '"KODAK 1914" signage at the top while on the awning of the shopfront is the signage, "KODAK AUSTRALASIA KODAK". To the left is a building with the signage "ZOELLER'S CHAMBERS", lawyers' offices. To the right is a retail shop selling Singer's Sewing Machines. There is a group of people at street level in front of the Kodak shop.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
- Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
|Dimensions:||240 mm (Height), 191 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||retailing, buildings, photography, streetscapes, shopfronts|
|Themes this item is part of:||Baker & Rouse, Images & Image Making Collection, Kodak Heritage Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Retailing & Service|
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White; See Dimensions|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, circa 1930|
|Organisation Depicted:||Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, circa 1930|