Search the collections
Photograph - Massey Harris, 744 Tractor, 1949 Reg. No: MM 118074
- Photograph of Massey Harris 744 Tractor.
This image is part of a collection of photographs, moving film, artefacts, documents and trade literature relating to Massey Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd. The Australian operations of this company were originally founded as Hugh V. McKay in the 1890s. In 1930 it merged with Massey Harris's Australian operations to become H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd. In 1955, this company was in turn absorbed into the Massey-Ferguson global entity becoming Massey Ferguson (Aust.) Limited.
- Black and white photograph
- Description Of Content:
- Front right hand side view of a Massey Harris 744 Tractor.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Massey Ferguson Iseki Australia Ltd
|Dimensions:||165 mm (Height), 220 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||manufacturing, agricultural equipment, industry, tractors|
|Themes this item is part of:||H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd, Agricultural Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria, Hugh V. McKay, Agricultural Implement & Machinery Manufacturer, Ballarat & Sunshine, Victoria, H.V. McKay Sunshine Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Internal Combustion Power|
|Inscriptions:||Handwritten in pencil on back, 'MASSEY HARRIS 744 TRACTOR / 1940 RANGE' / DEPT AG. HILLSTON
In blue stamp pad ink, 'H.V.McKAY MASSEY HARRIS PTY. LTD. / SUNSHINE, NOV. 1949'
|Format:||Photograph: Black & White|
|User:||H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd, Sunshine, Victoria, Australia, 1949
This item is part of the following themes: