Search the collections
Catalogue - H.V. McKay Massey Harris, 'Sunshine & Massey Harris Farm Implements', Victoria, 1936 Reg. No: TL 010727
- The catalogue contains descriptions and images of various farming machinery for tillage (ie cultivators, ploughs and tooth harrows), seeding and fertilising, harvesting, dairying, pasture improvement and other items such as tractors, petrol engines, chaffcutters, grinders, spraying plants etc. It contains information about individual implements and vehicles, providing an interesting insight into the transitional period of agricultural equipment with descriptions and photographs of horse-drawn vehicles and mechanical equipment. There is also an advertisement for the Warren-Farmer Milking Machine (page 34).
The first page shows a drawing of the Sunshine Harvester Works in the past and present. The left-hand corner depicts the company as a small cottage in a rural setting in 1884 and the main drawing shows the large, modern-day factory occupying a large tract of land surrounded by a train line and other buildings.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation & Subsequent Transfer from Mr Don McKay, 1960
|Tagged with:||petrol engines, horses, rural industry, ploughs, rural life, tractors, agricultural workers, rural landscapes, agricultural implements, cultivators, harvesters, chaffcutters, dairying, spraying, grinders, rural supplies, animal power, pasture improvement equipment, farm animals, horsedrawn equipment|
|Themes this item is part of:||H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd, Agricultural Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria, Hugh V. McKay, Agricultural Implement & Machinery Manufacturer, Ballarat & Sunshine, Victoria, H.V. McKay Sunshine Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Massey-Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd, Agricultural & Construction Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria, Engineering Collection, Trade Literature Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||General Farm Equipment|
|Tertiary Classification:||equipment catalogues|
|Primary Subject:||Agricultural Implements|
|Cover Title:||'SUNSHINE AND MASSEY HARRIS. FARM IMPLEMENTS'
L 94, (2491), DRM, 936.'
|Publication Types:||Comprehensive Catalogue; Company History; Product List|
|Printing Types:||Monochrome; Limited Colour|
|Illustration Types:||Black & White; Factory Views; Instructional Drawings; Line Drawings; Engravings|
|Page Size Format:||185 x 240 mm|
|Number of Pages:||96|
|Manufacturer:||H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd|
This item is part of the following themes:
- H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd, Agricultural Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria
- Hugh V. McKay, Agricultural Implement & Machinery Manufacturer, Ballarat & Sunshine, Victoria
- H.V. McKay Sunshine Collection
- Sustainable Futures Collection
- Massey-Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd, Agricultural & Construction Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria
- Engineering Collection
- Trade Literature Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection