Search the collections
Catalogue - H. V. McKay, Agricultural Implements, Sunshine, circa 1924 Reg. No: TL 015185
- The aptly named "Sunshine in the Orchard" booklet features a colour drawing of a sunny day in the orchard with wispy clouds and blossoms and a farmer driving a horse drawn orchard plough, the other "sunshine" needed in the orchard. The remainder of the catalogue is monochrome and is filled with comprehensive text and specifications about the products on offer. Artistically laid out, the choice of fonts and styles complements the the inclusion of photographs of working farms and detailed drawings.
The title page is devoted to company self promotion, detailing the many branches, distributors and agencies that can service "all agricultural centres throughout Australia". It includes an invitation to customers to inspect the Sunshine works, "which is the largest manufactory of Farm Implements in the Southern Hemisphere"
Description and specifications are provided for the following implements: Sunshine spraying outfit, Sunglow low-wheeled cultivators, Sunglow low-wheeled cultivator and lucerne renovator, Sunshine points for cultivators, Sunjunior one-horse orchard cultivator, Sunking straddle disc harrow and cultivator, Sunpearl disc harrow or cultivator, Sunkid the pony plough, Sunbird single-furrow plough, Sunstar single-furrow and double-furrow plough, Aurora one-horse single-furrow mouldboard plough, Sunglint single-furrow plough, Sunwrest two-horse single-furrow plough, Sunbird double-furrow plough, Sunleaf disc plough, Sunnie disc plough, Sunshine diamond harrows, Sunshine swingletrees for ploughing, Sundrop cotton seed and maize planter, Sunshoe planter and fertlizer, Sungem cultivator, planter and fertilizer, Sunshine chaffcutters, Sundex farm engines,
- Quarto sized stapled booklet, 32 pages, illustrated with enhanced black and white photographs and line drawings.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr. Allen Murray, 1996
|Tagged with:||rural life, agricultural implements, farming methods|
|Themes this item is part of:||H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd, Agricultural Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria, Hugh V. McKay, Agricultural Implement & Machinery Manufacturer, Ballarat & Sunshine, Victoria, H.V. McKay Sunshine Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Massey-Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd, Agricultural & Construction Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||General Farm Equipment|
|Tertiary Classification:||equipment catalogues|
|Primary Subject:||Agricultural Implements|
|Publication Date:||1924 circa|
|Cover Title:||'SUNSHINE IN THE ORCHARD'|
|Inscriptions:||Front page: 'Sunshine in the Orchard'
First page: 'H.V. McKay Pty. Ltd./Sunshine Harvester Works/Sunshine (near Melbourne, Australia)./Manufacturers of/Farm Machinery/Head Office and Works ... Sunshine./Telephones: Sunshine 8, 66, 114, 115, 116./Registered Two-Word Address for Cables and Telegrams:/'Sunshine, Melbourne' Bentley's Code./Agency in Great Britain:/No. 6 Lloyd's Avenue, London, E.C. 3./Branches in Australia:/27-39 George Street West, Sydney, New South Wales/Telegrams: 'Sunshine, Sydney' Telephones: M.W. 2138, M.W. 1963./105 North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia/Telegrams: 'Sunshine, Adelaide' Telephones: 5940, 5941./Cor. Murray and King Strs., Perth, West Australia./Telegrams: 'Sunshine, Perth' Telephone: A.5161./664-666 Bourke Street West, Melbourne, Victoria/Telephone: Central 4354./Distributers in Queensland: /H.V. McKay (Queensland) Ltd., Stanley Street, South Brisbane./Telegrams: 'Sunshine, Brisbane' Telephone: J1956/Agencies in all agricultural centres throughout Australia./Price Lists posted to any address on request/Sunshine is just 7.5 miles from Melbourne, and is reached in 20 minutes by electric trains from that city (Flinders Street or Spencer Street Station). Farmers visiting Melbourne are cordially invited to inspect the Works, which is the largest manufactory of Farm Implements in the Southern Hemisphere.'
Last page in small print: 'Catalogue wholly set up and printed in Australia by The Lee-Pratt Press, Cor. William and Lonsdale Streets, Melbourne'.
The footer of each page reads: 'H.V. McKay Pty. Ltd., Sunshine Harvester Works, Sunshine.'
|Publication Types:||Comprehensive Catalogue; Specifications|
|Printing Types:||Monochrome; Full Colour|
|Illustration Types:||Black & White; Colour; Artistic Depictions; Photographs; Line Drawings|
|Page Size Format:||185 x 240 mm|
|Number of Pages:||32|
|Manufacturer:||Hugh V. McKay|
This item is part of the following themes:
- H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd, Agricultural Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria
- Hugh V. McKay, Agricultural Implement & Machinery Manufacturer, Ballarat & Sunshine, Victoria
- H.V. McKay Sunshine Collection
- Sustainable Futures Collection
- Massey-Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd, Agricultural & Construction Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria