Search the collections
Instruction Book - H.V. McKay Massey Harris, Sunshine, No.4 Pump & X 2-Type Duster, 1945 Reg. No: TL 026087
- Assembly and working instruction booklet for a Sunshine No. 4 Pump and X 2-Type Duster mounted on a Planet JR. Tractor. The booklet contains detailed instructions on the process of mounting the pumps on tractors as well as operational instructions. Includes two full page images of both pumps mounted on Planet Jr. Tractors. Also includes four detailed diagrams of the pump with each part labelled. The operating instructions cover the following topics: lubrication, adjustment of working pressures, pump valve and seat replacement, plunger bucket replacement, fitting new cylinders, care of plant and tank, spray hose, spares and also a trouble chart.
The final page gives a list of registered offices and works for the McKay company as well highlighting that they have "agencies in all agricultural centres throughout Australia".
One copy of the publication includes a note from the printer with information about the job number, quantity, description and date.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation & Transfer from Old McKay Archives, Science & Technology Collection, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||printing, tractors, pumping equipment, pumps, tractors attachments, pumping machinery, weeds, fertilizer spreaders, pest control equipment, farming methods, dusting equipment, agriculture|
|Themes this item is part of:||H.V. McKay Sunshine Collection, Massey-Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd, Agricultural & Construction Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria, H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd, Agricultural Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria, Hugh V. McKay, Agricultural Implement & Machinery Manufacturer, Ballarat & Sunshine, Victoria, Sustainable Futures Collection, Trade Literature Collection, Engineering Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Land & Soil Management|
|Tertiary Classification:||pest & weed control|
|Primary Subject:||Dusting Equipment Maintenance|
|Cover Title:||'Assembling and Working Instructions for the Sunshine No. 4 Pump and the Sunshine X 2-type Duster mounted on the PLANET JR. TRACTOR'
X229, 5305, Bm, 245
|Model Name/Number:||X2-Type; No. 4|
|Publication Types:||User Guide; Assembly Instructions; Instruction Booklet|
|Illustration Types:||Black & White; Line Drawings; Instructional Drawings; Engravings|
|Page Size Format:||130 mm x 180 mm|
|Number of Pages:||13|
|Manufacturer:||H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd|
This item is part of the following themes:
- H.V. McKay Sunshine Collection
- Massey-Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd, Agricultural & Construction Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria
- H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd, Agricultural Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria
- Hugh V. McKay, Agricultural Implement & Machinery Manufacturer, Ballarat & Sunshine, Victoria
- Sustainable Futures Collection
- Trade Literature Collection
- Engineering Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection