Search the collections
Parts List - H.V. McKay Massey Harris, 'Sundigger', 1933 Reg. No: TL 026631
- Booklet containing a list of duplicate parts for the Sundigger Rigid-Tyne Scarifier and Spring-Tyne Cultivator. The cover references the Sunshine Harvester Works. Parts are listed in a functional table format with code word, mark and number, description, size used on the Rigid and Spring Tynes, and references to related parts and illustration plate number. This booklet no longer contains the illustrations referenced in the lists. The booklet is List No. 3311 B Additionally List No. 48S. 38/4708 Main Wheels with Concave Tyres for the Suntyne and Sundelve Combined Drills has been taped to the rear cover.
This item is part of a collection of photographs, negatives, moving film, artefacts, documents and trade literature belonging to the H. V. McKay Sunshine Collection. The McKay collection is regarded as one of the most significant industrial heritage collections in Australia. The collection relates to the agricultural manufacturing firm, the Sunshine Harvester Works. The Australian operations of this company were originally founded by Hugh V. McKay in the 1890s in Ballarat. Between 1906 and 1907, McKay moved production to Sunshine where the firm became one of the largest industrial businesses in Australia. Change in ownership is a recurring theme in the company?s history. In 1930, it merged with Massey-Harris to become H.V McKay Massey Harris. In the mid-1950s, the company was absorbed by Canadian agricultural firm Massey-Ferguson. Production in Sunshine ceased in the mid-1980s, following almost 100 years of manufacturing agricultural equipment.
- 31 page booklet bound by red cloth tape on the side. The printing appears typewritten and duplicated, with some overtyping by typewriter on page 11. A page is taped to the rear cover.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation & Transfer from Old McKay Archives, Science & Technology Collection, Museum Victoria
|Tagged with:||agricultural equipment, agriculture, scarifiers, farming methods, wheels tyres|
|Themes this item is part of:||H.V. McKay Sunshine Collection, Hugh V. McKay, Agricultural Implement & Machinery Manufacturer, Ballarat & Sunshine, Victoria, Massey-Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd, Agricultural & Construction Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria, H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd, Agricultural Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria, Engineering Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection, Trade Literature Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||AGRICULTURE & RURAL LIFE|
|Secondary Classification:||Crop Management - Cultivation|
|Primary Subject:||Scarifier Components|
|Publication Date:||1933 circa|
|Cover Title:||'LIST OF DUPLICATE PARTS FOR THE " SUNDIGGER" RIGID-TYNE AND SPRING-TYNE CULTIVATOR.'
LIST NO. 3311 B
|Publication Types:||Parts List|
|Page Size Format:||250 mm x 150 mm|
|Number of Pages:||31|
|Manufacturer/Distributor:||H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd|
This item is part of the following themes:
- H.V. McKay Sunshine Collection
- Hugh V. McKay, Agricultural Implement & Machinery Manufacturer, Ballarat & Sunshine, Victoria
- Massey-Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd, Agricultural & Construction Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria
- H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd, Agricultural Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria
- Engineering Collection
- Sustainable Futures Collection
- Trade Literature Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection