Search the collections
Bottle - Soft Drink, Glass, GH Elliott, Carlton, Victoria, 1867-1945 Reg. No: HA 731
- GH Elliott moved to 160 Queens St, Carlton in 1867 and then to 25 Rathdowne St, Carlton in 1871. He remained here until circa 1945. The large 'E' trademark was applied for in October 1910 but may have been used before this time.
- One base and body of a light green glass soft drink bottle. The bottle bas been made in a 2-piece mould with a separate base plate. Maker's mark of GH Elliott Carlton (1867 - 1945) includes a large 'E' and 'Trademark' suggesting the bottle was manufactured after 1910.
- Acquisition Information:
- Transfer from Godden Mackay Logan Heritage Consultants, 2009
|Discipline:||Archaeology - Historical|
|Tagged with:||world heritage, royal exhibition building, archaeology, food beverages, bottles|
|Themes this item is part of:||Public Life & Institutions Collection, Royal Exhibition Building Western Forecourt Collection|
|Primary Classification:||HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY|
|Secondary Classification:||(To Be Classified)|
|Tertiary Classification:||(to be classified)|
|Trench Unit Number:||I14|
|Manufacturer:||GH Elliott, 1867-1945|
|References:||Arnold 1997: 68|
This item is part of the following themes: