Search the collections
Photograph - Melbourne Electric Supply Co, Main Switchboard & Brush Altenator, Richmond, Victoria, Nov 1910 Reg. No: MM 121012
- Part of a large photographic collection of glass plate and film negatives, photographic prints and photo albums, relating to the development of the electric power supply industry in Victoria, operated by the State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) from 1919 to 1993 and various predecessor private and municipal power supply enterprises dating back to the late 1880s.
- Sepia toned black & white silver gelatin photographic print.
- Description Of Content:
- Main Switchboard with Brush alternator attached to No.1 Belliss & Morcom triple-expansion high-speed steam engine in the Engine House of the Melbourne Electric Supply Company's Green Street Power Station, Richmond, Victoria, November 1910.
- Acquisition Information:
- Transfer from Public Record Office Victoria (PROV)
|Dimensions:||111 mm (Height), 154 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||electric power generation, electric power stations, electrical equipment, engine houses, switchboards, alternators, arc lamps, staircases|
|Themes this item is part of:||Engineering Collection, State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ENERGY TECHNOLOGY|
|Secondary Classification:||Electric Power - Generation|
|Tertiary Classification:||power stations|
|Inscriptions:||Hand written in black ink on album page below photograph: 'Switchboard, Melbourne, November 1910'|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Richmond, Victoria, Australia, Nov 1910|
|Organisation Depicted:||Melbourne Electric Supply Co. Ltd Green Street Power Station, Richmond, Victoria, Australia, Nov 1910|
|Manufacturer of Item Depicted:||Brush Electrical Engineering Co Ltd, Loughborough, Leicestershire, England, Great Britain, circa 1900|
This item is part of the following themes: