Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Richmond, Australia
Photograph - Melbourne Electric Supply Co, Excavation Work for 2,000kW Willans-Siemens Turbo-Alternator Set, Richmond, Victoria, Jan 1911 Reg. No: MM 121017
- Part of a large photographic collection of glass plate and film negatives, photographic prints and photo albums, relating to the development of the electric power supply industry in Victoria, operated by the State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) from 1919 to 1993 and various predecessor private and municipal power supply enterprises dating back to the late 1880s.
- Sepia toned black & white silver gelatin photographic print.
- Description Of Content:
- Men working on the excavation for foundations in connection with 2,000 kW Willians-Siemens turbo-alternator set being installed at the Melbourne Electric Supply Company's, Green Street Power Station, Richmond, Victoria, 27th January 1911.
- Acquisition Information:
- Transfer from Public Record Office Victoria (PROV)
|Dimensions:||110 mm (Height), 152 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||electric power generation, electric power stations, excavations, foundations, construction sites|
|Themes this item is part of:||Engineering Collection, State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ENERGY TECHNOLOGY|
|Secondary Classification:||Electric Power - Generation|
|Tertiary Classification:||power stations|
|Inscriptions:||Hand written in black ink on album page below photograph: 'Excavations for foundations 2000 K.W. Willans / Siemens Set. Melbourne, 27-1-11.'|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Richmond, Victoria, Australia, 27 Jan 1911|
|Organisation Depicted:||Melbourne Electric Supply Co. Ltd Green Street Power Station, 27 Jan 1911|
|Organisation Named:||Willans & Robinson Ltd|
|Organisation Named:||Siemens Bros Dynamo Works Ltd|
This item is part of the following themes: