Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Richmond, Australia
Photograph - Melbourne Electric Supply Co, Boiler House Extenstions, Richmond, Victoria, 30 Nov 1911 Reg. No: MM 121021
- Part of a large photographic collection of glass plate and film negatives, photographic prints and photo albums, relating to the development of the electric power supply industry in Victoria, operated by the State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) from 1919 to 1993 and various predecessor private and municipal power supply enterprises dating back to the late 1880s.
- Monochrome silver gelatin photographic print.
- Description Of Content:
- Men working outdoors on boiler house extenstions at the Melbourne Electric Supply Co, Richmond, Victoria, 30th November, 1911. Chimneys and building can be seen in background.
- Acquisition Information:
- Transfer from Public Record Office Victoria (PROV)
|Dimensions:||111 mm (Height), 154 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||electric power generation, electric power distribution, electric power stations, construction sites|
|Themes this item is part of:||Engineering Collection, State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ENERGY TECHNOLOGY|
|Secondary Classification:||Electric Power - Generation|
|Tertiary Classification:||power stations|
|Inscriptions:||Hand written in black ink on album page below photograph: 'Boiler house extenstions, East-end, Melbourne. 30-11-11.'|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Richmond, Victoria, Australia, 30 Nov 1911|
|Organisation Depicted:||Melbourne Electric Supply Co. Ltd, 30 Nov 1911|
This item is part of the following themes: