Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Richmond, Australia
Photograph - Melbourne Electric Supply Co, Switchboard, Richmond, Victoria, 24 Mar 1912 Reg. No: MM 121025
- Part of a large photographic collection of glass plate and film negatives, photographic prints and photo albums, relating to the development of the electric power supply industry in Victoria, operated by the State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) from 1919 to 1993 and various predecessor private and municipal power supply enterprises dating back to the late 1880s.
- Monochrome silver gelatin photographic print.
- Description Of Content:
- Switchboard at the Melbourne Electric Supply Co, Richmond, Victoria, 27th January, 1911. Clock and staircase in background.
- Acquisition Information:
- Transfer from Public Record Office Victoria (PROV)
|Dimensions:||112 mm (Height), 155 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||electric power generation, electric power distribution, electric power stations, switchboards|
|Themes this item is part of:||Engineering Collection, State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ENERGY TECHNOLOGY|
|Secondary Classification:||Electric Power - Generation|
|Tertiary Classification:||power stations|
|Inscriptions:||Hand written in black ink on album page below photograph: 'Switchboard, Melbourne. 24-3-12.'|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Richmond, Victoria, Australia, 24 Mar 1912|
|Organisation Depicted:||Melbourne Electric Supply Co. Ltd, 24 Mar 1912|
This item is part of the following themes: