Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Richmond, Australia
Photograph - Melbourne Electric Supply Co, Venturi Pipe, Richmond, Victoria, 10 Oct 1912 Reg. No: MM 121029
- Part of a large photographic collection of glass plate and film negatives, photographic prints and photo albums, relating to the development of the electric power supply industry in Victoria, operated by the State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) from 1919 to 1993 and various predecessor private and municipal power supply enterprises dating back to the late 1880s.
- Monochrome silver gelatin photographic print.
- Description Of Content:
- Venturi Pipes at the Melbourne Electric Supply Co, Richmond, Victoria, 10th October, 1912. Belliss engine can be seen in background.
- Acquisition Information:
- Transfer from Public Record Office Victoria (PROV)
|Dimensions:||108 mm (Height), 147 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||electric power generation, electric power distribution, electric power stations, pipes, engines|
|Themes this item is part of:||Engineering Collection, State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ENERGY TECHNOLOGY|
|Secondary Classification:||Electric Power - Generation|
|Tertiary Classification:||power stations|
|Inscriptions:||Hand written in black ink on album page below photograph: 'Venturi Pipe, Melbourne. 10-10-12.'|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Richmond, Victoria, Australia, 10 Oct 1912|
|Organisation Depicted:||Melbourne Electric Supply Co. Ltd, 10 Oct 1912|
This item is part of the following themes: