Search the collections
Photograph - Melbourne Electric Supply Co, Erection of Coal Bunkers, Richmond, Victoria, Aug 1913 Reg. No: MM 121034
- Part of a large photographic collection of glass plate and film negatives, photographic prints and photo albums, relating to the development of the electric power supply industry in Victoria, operated by the State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) from 1919 to 1993 and various predecessor private and municipal power supply enterprises dating back to the late 1880s.
- Monochrome silver gelatin photographic print.
- Description Of Content:
- Erection of coal bunkers at the Melbourne Electric Supply Co, Richmond, Victoria, August 1913. Horse drawn vehicle in foreground, horses also in background on left.
- Acquisition Information:
- Transfer from Public Record Office Victoria (PROV)
|Dimensions:||112 mm (Height), 154 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||electric power generation, electric power distribution, electric power stations, construction sites, coal bunkers, horsedrawn vehicles|
|Themes this item is part of:||Engineering Collection, State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ENERGY TECHNOLOGY|
|Secondary Classification:||Electric Power - Generation|
|Tertiary Classification:||power stations|
|Inscriptions:||Hand written in black ink on album page below photograph: 'Melbourne, August 1913.'|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Richmond, Victoria, Australia, Aug 1913|
|Organisation Depicted:||Melbourne Electric Supply Co. Ltd, Aug 1913|
|Manufacturer of Item Depicted:||E. Campbell & Son Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, circa 1913|
This item is part of the following themes: