Search the collections
Photograph - Manna Gum, Grounds of Melbourne Observatory, South Yarra, Victoria, 1933 Reg. No: MM 107657
- Photograph of the grounds of Melbourne Observatory, taken by Rolf Baldwin, son of the third Government Astronomer, Joseph Baldwin, 1933.
- Monochrome silver gelatin print.
- Description Of Content:
- South east section of the gardens of the Observatory House, Melbourne. Grass in foreground, Manna Gum in centre middleground, small sapling of Oak to the left, Victoria
|Dimensions:||86 mm (Height), 63 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||gardens, trees|
|Themes this item is part of:||Positional Astronomy at Melbourne Observatory, Weights & Measures at Melbourne Observatory, Melbourne Observatory & Standard Time in Victoria, Astrographic Catalogue, Transits of Venus, 1874 & 1882, Buildings at Melbourne Observatory, Star Observations & Personal Equation, Meteorology at Melbourne Observatory, 1863-1908, Melbourne Observatory, 1863-1944, Geodetic Survey of Victoria, 1858-1872, Melbourne Observatory Collection, Science & Measurement Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Handwritten in black ink on the back of photograph: 'Manna gum still is there, / extreme left is the sapling / of what is now a big / oak, right is a heavy palm / which was at SE corner of / house and there was another / by the SW corner / about 1935'
Printed in black ink on back of photograph: 'VELOX.(repeated)'
Rubber stamped in black ink on back of photograph: '6 33'
|Photographer:||Mr Rolf Baldwin, South Yarra, Victoria, Australia, 1933|
|Place Depicted:||Melbourne Observatory, South Yarra, Victoria, Australia, 1933|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Positional Astronomy at Melbourne Observatory
- Weights & Measures at Melbourne Observatory
- Melbourne Observatory & Standard Time in Victoria
- Astrographic Catalogue
- Transits of Venus, 1874 & 1882
- Buildings at Melbourne Observatory
- Star Observations & Personal Equation
- Meteorology at Melbourne Observatory, 1863-1908
- Melbourne Observatory, 1863-1944
- Geodetic Survey of Victoria, 1858-1872
- Melbourne Observatory Collection
- Science & Measurement Collection