Search the collections
Magazine - Sunshine Review, No 8, Apr 1950 Reg. No: HT 32124
- A magazine produced by H. V. McKay Massey Harris Pty. Ltd. and distributed to all staff, agents and branches across Australia. It contains photographically illustrated articles about new appointments, staff, special events, new products, sport, special acknowledgements, activities within factory departments, visitors, historical moments in the history of the company, general agricultural interests etc.
This is one of 29 copies of the Sunshine Review published by HV McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd, Sunshine, for staff and agents. This item is part of a collection of photographs, negatives, moving film, artefacts, documents and trade literature belonging to the H. V. McKay Sunshine Collection. The McKay collection is regarded as one of the most significant industrial heritage collections in Australia. The collection relates to the agricultural manufacturing firm, the Sunshine Harvester Works. The Australian operations of this company were originally founded by Hugh V. McKay in the 1890s in Ballarat. Between 1906 and 1907, McKay moved production to Sunshine where the firm became one of the largest industrial businesses in Australia. Change in ownership is a recurring theme in the company?s history. In 1930, it merged with Massey-Harris to become H.V McKay Massey Harris. In the mid-1950s, the company was absorbed by Canadian agricultural firm Massey-Ferguson. Production in Sunshine ceased in the mid-1980s, following almost 100 years of manufacturing agricultural equipment.
- 20 page booklet, printed in black and yellow ink on glossy, off-white sheets. Two staples in spine. Front cover has a photographic image of a hay rake pulled by a tractor on a field. Extensive text. B&W photographic images inside.
|Dimensions:||243 mm (Height), 187 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||working life, manufacturing, agricultural equipment, agriculture, industry, industrial design, marketing, exports, export trade, primary production, industrial machinery, innovation design|
|Themes this item is part of:||H.V. McKay Sunshine Collection, Hugh V. McKay, Agricultural Implement & Machinery Manufacturer, Ballarat & Sunshine, Victoria, H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd, Agricultural Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria, Sustainable Futures Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Sunshine Review Published by Sunshine Harvester Works|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Agricultural & Horticultural Equipment|
|Inscriptions:||Text, front cover: ' H.V. McKAY MASSEY HARRIS PTY. LTD., SUNSHINE HARVESTER WORKS SUNSHINE AUSTRALIA / Sunshine / Review / No. / 8 / APR / 1950 / PUBLISHED IN THE INTERESTS OF MEMBERS OF THE SUNSHINE ORGANIZATION. '|
|Publisher:||H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd, Apr 1950|
This item is part of the following themes:
- H.V. McKay Sunshine Collection
- Hugh V. McKay, Agricultural Implement & Machinery Manufacturer, Ballarat & Sunshine, Victoria
- H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd, Agricultural Equipment Manufacturers & Importers, Sunshine, Victoria
- Sustainable Futures Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Sunshine Review Published by Sunshine Harvester Works