Search the collections
Documents - CSIRAC Computer, Establishment at Universirty of Melbourne, Victoria, 1948-1963 Reg. No: HT 13506 10
- A number of published and miscellaneous papers relating to the establishment of CSIRAC in Melbourne.
(1) 1948 "Delays in the Flow of Air Traffic" by E.G. Bowen and T. Pearcey reprinted from Journal of the Royal Aeronautical Society Vol.52 No.488 for CSIR(1 original/1xphotocopy).
(2) 1953 "A Modified Miller time-base circuit" by R.D. Ryan reprinted from Journal of Scientific Instruments Vol.31, p.73-75(1xoriginal).
(3) 1954 "Programme Design for the CSIRO Mark I Computer. III Adaptation of Routines for Elaborate Arithmetical Operations" by T. Pearcey & G.W. Hill reprinted from Australian Journal of Physics Vol.7, No.3 p.485-504 (22xcopies). Same as C051.
(4) 1954 "The Effect of Interpretive Techniques on Functional Design of Computers" by T. Pearcey. G.W. Hill & R.D. Ryan reprinted from Australian Journal of Physics Vol.7 No.3 p.505-519 for CSIRO (7xcopies). Same as C052 now HT13518.11.
(5) 1955 "A Proposed Modification to the CSIRO Mark I Computer" by B.E. Swire reprinted from Australian Journal of Physics, Vol.8, No.1, p184-186(3xcopies).
(6) 1955 "On Starting Routines for the CSIRO Mark I Computer" by G.W. Hill and T. Pearcey reprinted from Australian Journal of Physics, Vol.8 No.3 p412-416 (23xcopies).
(7) 1957 "Programme Design for the CSIRO Mark I Computer. IV.Automatic Programming by Simple Compiler Techniques" by G.W. Hill and T. Pearcey reprinted from Australian Journal of Physics Vol.10 No.1 p.137-161(23xcopies).
(8) 1959 "Permanent Storage in Small Computers" by T. Pearcey (from First ANCCAC Conference)(2xphotocopies).
(9) 1960 "The Mark 5 System of Automatic Coding for TREAC" by T.Pearcey, S.N. Higgins, P.M. Woodward reprinted from "Annual Review in Automatic Programming Vol.1" (6xcopies).
(10) Aug 29 1963 "Computers and Tertiary Education in Victoria with Particular Reference to Monash University" by C.J. Bellamy (1xphotocopy).
(11) 1963 "CIRRUS, An Economical Multiprogram Computer with Microprogram Control" by M.W. Allen, T. Pearcey, J.P. Penny, G.A.Rose, J.G. Sanderson published in IEEE Transactions on Electronic Computers p.663-671(1xoriginal/6xphotocopies).
(12) 1963 "Behaviour of Subharmonics of Even Order arising in a Non-Linear Differential System" by T. Pearcey and F. Hirst reprinted from proceedings Australian Computer Conference Melb 1963 for CSIRO (6xcopies).
(13) 1963 "Implementation of Programming Systems within an Integrated Computer Network" by T. Pearcey reprinted from proceedings Australian Computer Conference Melb 1963 for CSIRO (17xcopies). Same as C116 now HT13518.12
(14) Stabilac Electronic Voltage Stabiliser Type "S" - drawing (1xphotocopy).
(15) May 1946 "The Structure of an Electromagnetic Field in the Neighbourhood of a Cusp of a Caustic" by T. Pearcey - From the Philosophical Magazine Ser.7 vol xxxvii p.311 (11xcopies).
(16) 21 February 1948 "Modern Trends in Machine Computation" by T. Pearcey - Supplement to Australian Journal of Science Vol X No.4. (2xcopies).
(17) December 1948 "Delays in Landing of Air Traffic - T. Pearcey CSIRO reprint from the Journal of the Royal Aeronautical Society Vol 52 No 456. (6xcopies).
(18) October 1952 "An electronic computer" by M. Beard and T. Pearcey (1xoriginal extract).
(19) January 1957 "A theoretical estimate of the collection efficiences of small droplets" by T. Pearcey and G.W. Hill - from Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society Vol 83 No. 355. (34xcopies).
(20) T. Pearcey curriculum vitae ex Caulfield Institute of Technology (undated). 1xphotocopy.
(21) February 1965 "Farewell to CSIRAC" by F. Hirst - V.C.S. Bulletin Vol 3 No. 10 p.11-14 VCS Bulletin (1xphotocopy).
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from University of Melbourne (The) Computer Science & Software Engineering Department
|Tagged with:||computing, csirac computer, first generation computers, mainframe computers, making history - csirac, innovation design|
|Themes this item is part of:||Computing Departments at the University of Melbourne, a brief history 1956-1996, Information & Communication Collection, CSIRAC Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMPUTING & CALCULATING|
|Secondary Classification:||Digital Computing|
|Tertiary Classification:||paperwork & documentation|
Open Access Date: 15 Jun 1956.
|User:||University of Melbourne (The), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1955-1963|
|Commissioned By:||Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) Division of Radiophysics, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 1948-1955|
This item is part of the following themes: