Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Richmond, Australia
Digital Photograph - Boys Diving at the Olympic Pool, Richmond, 1939 Reg. No: MM 110096
- Black and white photograph showing boys practicing diving at the Olympic pool in Richmond, Melbourne in 1939.
Photograph collected as part of Melbourne's Biggest Family Album in 2006.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original black and white print.
- Description Of Content:
- Two boys diving off diving boards into pool, with cloudy sky in background. The boy nearest camera has his arms pointing up in the air, while the boy furthest from camera has arms pointed down at the water.Two diving boards are visible at left and groups of people are watching in the background.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Miss Kathleen Gawler, 2006
- Contributed by Miss Kathleen Gawler
|Tagged with:||diving boards, spectators, swimming, swimming pools, water safety, diving, water sports|
|Themes this item is part of:||Leisure Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Richmond, Victoria, Australia, 1939|
|Photographer:||Miss Kathleen Gawler|