Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Preston, Australia
Digital Photograph - 'I'm a great help to daddy ...' Child Attempting to Mow Lawn, Preston East, 1944-1945 Reg. No: MM 110140
- Black and white photograph showing Faye Irvine aged two and a half years old at her home in Preston East, 1944-1945. Her father was away fighting in World War II, serving in New Guinea in the RAAF and she was keen to help do his chores for him. Here she attempts to mow the lawn in the backyard of her family home.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original black and white print.
- Description Of Content:
- Infant girl in a dress, pushing a manual lawnmower in the backyard of a house. In the background is a garden, a large tree, and a rocking horse.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mrs Faye Harrop, 2006
- Contributed by Mrs Faye Harrop nee Irvine
|Tagged with:||backyards, children, families, lawn mowers, wars conflicts, world war ii 1939-1945|
|Themes this item is part of:||Life During World War II in Photographs, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MILITARY HISTORY|
|Secondary Classification:||Civilian Life|
|Original Caption:||2 1/2 Years / I'm a great help to daddy / or am I.|
|Inscriptions:||2 1/2 Years / I'm a great help to daddy / or am I.|
|People Depicted:||Irvine, Faye|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Preston East, Victoria, Australia, 1944-1945
Source of Date Depicted: Based on the age of Faye Irvine in this photograph.