Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Preston, Australia
Digital Photograph - 'Not More Snaps Mummy', Mother & Daughter on Front Verandah, Preston East, 1946 Reg. No: MM 110141
- Black and white photograph of Faye Irvine, aged 3 years and 7 months, and her mother Jean on the front verandah of their home in Preston East, in 1946. Faye's father was away fighting in World War II, serving in New Guinea in the RAAF. This image was taken to send to him.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original black and white print.
- Description Of Content:
- Woman standing, wearing striped jumper, with girl seated on front verandah of a house. The girl is holding a doll with a black head. A pot plant is at left.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mrs Faye Harrop, 2006
- Contributed by Mrs Faye Harrop nee Irvine
|Tagged with:||dolls, families, houses, portraits, verandahs, wars conflicts, world war ii 1939-1945|
|Themes this item is part of:||Life During World War II in Photographs, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MILITARY HISTORY|
|Secondary Classification:||Civilian Life|
|Original Caption:||Not more snaps Mummy, Oh to send to Daddy, well that's different. How's this, and this, and now you and I.|
|Inscriptions:||3 Years & 7 Months /|
|People Depicted:||Irvine, Jean; Irvine, Faye|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Preston East, Victoria, Australia, 1946
Source of Date Depicted: Based on the age of Faye Irvine in this photograph.