Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Preston, Australia
Digital Photograph - '3 years nine months...' Girl Putting Firewood in Pram, Backyard, Preston East, 1946 Reg. No: MM 110142
- Black and white photograph showing Faye Irvine at her home, Preston East, 1946. She is putting firewood in a toy pram in the backyard. Faye's father had been away fighting in World War II since her birth, and was now at home for the first time as a full time father. He had served in New Guinea in the RAAF.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original black and white print.
- Description Of Content:
- Infant girl in overalls putting firewood in a toy pram in her backyard. She is standing on a concrete path. At left is a wooden fence, and next door is a wooden shed.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mrs Faye Harrop, 2006
- Contributed by Mrs Faye Harrop nee Irvine
|Tagged with:||backyards, children, fences, firewood, gardens, prams, wars conflicts, world war ii 1939-1945|
|Themes this item is part of:||Life During World War II in Photographs, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MILITARY HISTORY|
|Secondary Classification:||Civilian Life|
|Original Caption:||3 years nine months. So much to do helping my pal and cobber he is home now and we have a lot of fun together.|
|Inscriptions:||3 years nine months. So much to do helping my pal and cobber he is home now and we have a lot of fun together.|
|People Depicted:||Irvine, Faye|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Preston East, Victoria, Australia, 1946
Source of Date Depicted: Based on the age of the girl in this photograph.
|Photographer:||Mr Eric Irvine|