Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Brighton, Australia
Digital Photograph - Men Transporting Homemade Boat, Brighton, 1945 Reg. No: MM 110201
- Black and white photograph showing the boat that Carl Harvey built in his backyard in Brighton being moved from his house on 28 April 1945. A group of men are watching.
Carl Harvey sailed this boat in Port Phillip Bay. He had always loved boats. He was a chemist and manufactured gramophone records. Carl owned Australian Radio Productions with his brother-in-law Morris West.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original black and white print.
- Description Of Content:
- Large boat being moved from a house on a truck by a number of men, with a group of men watching. A car is parked in the foreground. A flag pole is in the front yard of the house.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mrs Judith Harvey, 2006
- Contributed by Mrs Judith Harvey
|Tagged with:||boatbuilders, boats, flag poles, motor trucks, sailing vessels|
|Themes this item is part of:||Transport Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Primary Classification:||WATER TRANSPORT|
|Secondary Classification:||Ship Building & Repair|
|Tertiary Classification:||home built yachts|
|People Depicted:||Harvey, Carl; others unknown|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Brighton, Victoria, Australia, 28 Apr 1945
Place Depicted Notes: Brighton or Elwood.
Source of Date Depicted: Family knowledge.
|Photographer:||Mrs Jocelyne Harvey|