Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Doncaster East, Australia
Digital Photograph - Family Standing in Front of their Car, Packed for Holiday, Doncaster East, 1967 Reg. No: MM 110219
- Black and white photograph showing the Booth family in front of their Holden station wagon, in their driveway in East Doncaster, January 1967.
The Booth family was going away for the Christmas holidays, to camp at Tathra on the NSW South Coast. Camping was a regular activity for the family. The back of the wagon was set up so the kids could sleep while their parents drove. Both Carol and Ron took turns to drive the car. The family took the children's cousin so they could have two boys to play together. They set up a small 'pup' tent for the two boys next to the large tent, and the boys slept on lilos.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original black and white print.
- Description Of Content:
- A man, woman and two girls and two boys standing in front of a Holden station wagon in the front driveway of a house. The car's roof is loaded with luggage under a tarp. The house is at left, with trees and shrubs separating it from the concreted driveway. A carport is at right
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mrs Carol Booth, 2006
- Contributed by Carol Booth
|Tagged with:||camping, children s play, christmas, holidays, luggage, motor cars, recreation|
|Themes this item is part of:||Leisure Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Primary Classification:||RECREATION & TOURISM|
|Original Caption:||Ready to Go 1967'|
|Inscriptions:||Ready to go January 1967 John Carol, Anne, Helen, Ron, Phillip|
|People Depicted:||Booth, Carol; Booth, Anne; Booth, Helen; Booth, Ron; Booth, Phillip|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Doncaster East, Victoria, Australia, Jan 1967|
Photographer Notes: The contributor thinks that the photographer is probably Alan Booth.