Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Carlton, Australia
Digital Photograph - Bagpipe Band Performing at Coronation Celebrations for Queen Elizabeth II, Exhibition Building, Carlton, 1954 Reg. No: MM 110244
- Black & white digital image of a bagpipe performance held in the Exhibition Building, Melbourne, as part of the coronation celebrations for Queen Elizabeth II in 1954.
A stage has been erected in the southern transept of the Building on which the band are performing, and above them a large crown marked ER II can be seen suspended above the stage.
- Description Of Content:
- Bagpipe band performing on stage at the Royal Exhibition Building with a giant crown in top of photograph.
This image shows a bagpipe band performing at Coronation Celebrations for Queen Elizabeth II at the Royal Exhibition Building, Carlton, in 1954.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mr Frank Park, 2006
- Contributed by Mr Frank Park
|Tagged with:||royal visit to australia 1954, royal visits, royal exhibition building, royalty british, scottish cultural activities, royal exhibition building history of events 1950-1959|
|Themes this item is part of:||Public Life & Institutions Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection, HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926- )|
|Primary Classification:||PUBLIC EVENTS|
|Secondary Classification:||Queen Elizabeth II Coronation|
|Organisations Depicted:||Royal Exhibition Building|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Carlton, Victoria, Australia, 1953|
|Photographer:||Mr Frank Park|
|Person Commemorated:||HM Queen Elizabeth II, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1954|