Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Northcote, Australia
Similar items over time
Digital Photograph - Girl Dressed for First Communion with her Aunt, a Nun, at Convent of the Little Sisters of the Poor, Northcote, 1959 Reg. No: MM 110246
- Black and white photograph showing Christine Dunlop, the youngest of the Dunlop children, dressed for First Communion with her aunt, Sister Anne-Mary, in the back garden of the convent of the Little Sisters of the Poor in Northcote, 25 October 1959. Sister Anne-Mary was glad to host Christine's First Communion as she had been away overseas for the other family member's ceremonies. There is a striking contrast between Sister Anne-Mary's black habit and Christine's traditional white frock.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original black and white print.
- Description Of Content:
- Girl dressed for First Communion with a nun, and buildings and a garden with fountain in the background.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Miss Doreen Dunlop, 2006
- Contributed by Mrs Doreen Dunlop
|Tagged with:||celebrations, families, fountains, gardens, nuns, religions christianity, rituals|
|Themes this item is part of:||Public Life & Institutions Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection|
|Primary Classification:||CELEBRATIONS & TRADITIONS|
|Secondary Classification:||Confirmation & First Communion|
|Original Caption:||First Communion Day 25/10/1959|
|Inscriptions:||Front: First Communion Day 25/10/1959|
|People Depicted:||Dunlop, Christine; Sister Anne Mary (Irene Dunlop)|
|Organisations Depicted:||Little Sisters of the Poor|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Northcote, Victoria, Australia, 25 Oct 1959|
|Photographer:||Miss Doreen Dunlop|