Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Blackburn, Australia
Digital Photograph - Boy Jumping Over Rotating Sprinkler, Backyard, Blackburn, 1953 Reg. No: MM 110316
- Black and white photograph featuring Gerald Brocklesby jumping over the sprinkler in the back garden of his family home at Blackburn, on 17 January 1953.The Brocklesby children often played in the sprinkler in the backyard to seek relief from the summer heat.
Photograph collected as part of Melbourne's Biggest Family Album in 2006.
- Digital image file, copied from original black and white print.
- Description Of Content:
- Boy in swimming costume jumping over rotating sprinkler attached to a garden hose on the lawn in a backyard. Trees are in the background and a woodpile sits against a wooden fence at back right.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mr Mark Brocklesby, 2006
- Contributed by Mr Mark Brocklesby
|Tagged with:||backyards, children s play, gardens, lawns, leisure, sprinklers, water, woodpiles, shopping centres|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Images & Image Making Collection, Leisure Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Primary Classification:||RECREATION & TOURISM|
|People Depicted:||Brocklesby, Gerald Peter|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Blackburn, Victoria, Australia, 17 Jan 1953
Source of Date Depicted: Inscription on album page.
|Photographer:||Mr Mark Brocklesby|