Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Richmond, Australia
Digital Photograph - Joseph Solomon & Mary Phillips on their Wedding Day, Richmond, 1886 Reg. No: MM 110455
- Digital photograph of a studio portrait of Joseph Solomon and Mary Phillips on their wedding day in Richmond, 1886. Frisby and Mason, were not listed in Bridge Road Richmond until 1887; however, the Sands & McDougall Directory was not published until December each year for the following year so it is possible the photo could have been taken in 1886.
- Description Of Content:
- Studio portrait of man in suit with side-whiskers, and woman in wedding gown and veil, holding flowers. He is carrying his glove in his right hand. There is a rustic wooden seat to the left.
This is a studio portrait of Joseph Solomon and Mary Phillips on their wedding day in Richmond, 1886. The wedding took place at Mary's family home at 51 Simpson Road [Victoria Street], Collingwood. Her great grand daughter still has the skirt of Mary's wedding outfit.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mrs Robin Wembridge, 2006
- Contributed by Mrs Robin Wembridge (Landman Family)
|Themes this item is part of:||Public Life & Institutions Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Primary Classification:||CELEBRATIONS & TRADITIONS|
|Tertiary Classification:||bridal parties|
|Original Caption:||Joseph Solomon and Mary Phillips on wedding day|
|Inscriptions:||Frisby Mason 134 Bridge Road Richmond|
|People Depicted:||Solomon, Joseph; Phillips, Mary|
|Organisations Depicted:||Frisby Mason Photographic Studio|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Richmond, Victoria, Australia, circa 1886
Place Depicted Notes: Location is the studio address, where it is assumed this photograph was taken.
Source: S&M 1886 p.1063; S&M 1887 & 1888 p.1025;
Davies, A The Mechanical Eye in Australia p.166.