Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted West Footscray, Australia
Digital Photograph - Control Laboratory, Monsanto Chemicals Australia, Footscray West, 1956 Reg. No: MM 110498
- Black and white photograph featuring a man working in the Monsanto Chemicals Australia control laboratory, in Footscray West in December 1956.
David Meale, who took this photograph, worked as a trainee chemist at Monsanto. He would work there during the day and go to Melbourne Technical College to study at night. David would practice basketball with the Monsanto team at lunchtimes, and he remembers 'Most of his friends in the basketball team were doing the same diploma.'
This photograph was collected as part of Melbourne's Biggest Family Album in 2006.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original black and white print.
- Description Of Content:
- View of interior of a chemical laboratory, with apparatus, flasks and gas pipes on benches. A man is working on the left hand side.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mr David Meale, 2006
- Contributed by Mr David Meale
|Tagged with:||chemicals, laboratories, manufacturing|
|Themes this item is part of:||Working Lives & Work Places in Photographs, Working Life & Trades Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Chemicals - Industrial|
|Tertiary Classification:||sports teams|
|Inscriptions:||Control laboratory, Dec. 1956|
|Organisations Depicted:||Monsanto Chemicals Australia Ltd|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||West Footscray, Victoria, Australia, Dec 1956|
|Photographer:||Mr David Meale|