Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Smiths Gully, Australia
Digital Photograph - 'Our Land Army Girl', Smiths Gully, circa 1944 Reg. No: MM 110519
- Black and white photograph showing Norma and Thelma Dennis with a plough, at their home in Smiths Gully, about 1944 during World War II. The women were left at home during the war to run the property. Here Norma and Thelma Dennis are preparing to cultivate the land.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original black and white print.
- Description Of Content:
- Two girls in dresses, standing next to a house. One is holding a plough. A dog is at left and a trailer with the registration number 'AJ316' is behind the plough.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Ms Sandra Dennis, 2006
- Contributed by Ms Sandra Dennis
|Tagged with:||agriculture, dogs, domestic animals, ploughs, trailers, wars conflicts, world war ii 1939-1945, australians at war, australian women s land army, women s land army|
|Themes this item is part of:||Life During World War II in Photographs, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MILITARY HISTORY|
|Secondary Classification:||Civilian Life|
|Tertiary Classification:||home production|
|Original Caption:||Our Land Army Girl|
|Inscriptions:||Our Land Army Girl|
|People Depicted:||Dennis, Norma; Dennis, Thelma|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Smiths Gully, Victoria, Australia, circa 1944
Source of Date Depicted: Contributor's knowledge.
|Photographer:||Mr Percy Dennis|