Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Glenroy, Australia
Digital Photograph - Woman & Three Children in Canvas Wading Pool, Backyard, Glenroy, 1961 Reg. No: MM 110566
- Colour photograph featuring Janet Dominiewski and her children with their wading pool in the backyard of their family home, Glenroy, 1961. The children were Michele, aged 4 years, Peter, aged 3 years and Joanne, 1 year old. The family remembers 'This canvas pool was used by the Dominiewskis every summer. They would put the lawn sprinkler inside the pool and the children would jump over it, lie in it all day. It was always placed under the fruit trees for shade.'
Photograph collected as part of Melbourne's Biggest Family Album in 2006.
- Digital image file, copied from original colour print.
- Description Of Content:
- Woman in hat sitting next to wading pool, holding baby girl. A girl and infant boy are in the pool. The girl is holding an inflatable ball. A hose is lying inside the pool. A pusher with a doll sits behind the woman. The fence runs down the left of the photograph, and there is a driveway, car and house in the background.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mrs Michele Dore, 2006
- Contributed by Mrs Michele Dore
|Tagged with:||cars, children s play, hoses, houses, leisure, pools, sprinklers, water|
|Themes this item is part of:||Domestic & Community Life Collection, Leisure Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Primary Classification:||RECREATION & TOURISM|
|Inscriptions:||1961. Michele 4. Peter 3. Joanne 1.|
|People Depicted:||Dominiewski, Joanne; Dominiewski, Janet; Dominiewski, Peter; Dominiewski, Michele|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Colour; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Glenroy, Victoria, Australia, 1961|
|Photographer:||Mr Robert Dominiewski|