Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Belgrave, Australia
Similar items over time
Digital Photograph - Family Eating Ice Creams at 'Puffing Billy' Steam Train Station, Belgrave, circa 1977 Reg. No: MM 110591
- Black and white photograph showing the Lhuede family at the 'Puffing Billy' Belgrave Station, eating 'Chocolate Hearts', a well known ice cream, circa 1977.
Puffing Billy is a historic steam train that runs through the Dandenong Ranges between Belgrave and Gembrook, on what was an experimental train track that was developed in the early twentieth century. It has been a popular Melbourne tourist destination since the 1950s.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original black and white print.
- Description Of Content:
- A mother, grandmother, and six children standing in car park with trees, eating ice-creams.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Miss Kate Lhuede, 2006
- Contributed by Miss Kate Lhuede
|Tagged with:||car parks, families, ice creams, steam trains, travel tourism, trees, thinking this might be emerald - lakeside - which is a stop along between belgrave and gembrook this is not belgrave|
|Themes this item is part of:||Leisure Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Primary Classification:||PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS|
|Secondary Classification:||Museums & Galleries|
|People Depicted:||Lhuede, Elizabeth; Lipsett, Elizabeth|
|Organisations Depicted:||Puffing Billy Preservation Society; Emerald Tourist Railway Board|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Belgrave, Victoria, Australia, circa 1977
Source of Date Depicted: Contributor's estimate based on ages of the children in the photograph.
|Photographer:||Mr Ted Lhuede|