Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Melbourne, Australia
Digital Photograph - Woman in Elaborate Head Dress, Melbourne, circa 1889 Reg. No: MM 110605
- Photograph of a studio portrait of Alice Mary Watson. It was taken at Vita Portrait Studio, which was located at 125 Swanston St between 1889 and 1900. Between 1885 -1889 the studio was listed at 77 Swanston St.
- Description Of Content:
- Studio portrait of a woman wearing a large head turban style head-dress in studio portrait. She is seated on a chaise lounge.
This is a studio portrait of Alice Mary Watson, Melbourne, circa 1889.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Miss Eve Greenhatch, 2006
- Contributed by the Greenhatch Family
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Female - Individuals|
|Inscriptions:||Elvie's Father's Mother|
|People Depicted:||Watson, Alice Mary|
|Organisations Depicted:||Vita Studio|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, circa 1889|
|References:||Davies, A. The Mechanical Eye in Australia p. 246.|