Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Richmond, Australia
Similar items over time
Digital Photograph - Staff & Owner Outside Bush's Confectionery Factory, Richmond, circa 1935 Reg. No: MM 110703
- Black and white photograph featuring thirteen female and two male staff, and Mr Ribush, one of the owners, at far right in a shirt and tie, outside Bush's Confectionary Factory, at 127 Murphy Street in Richmond, circa 1935.
Mr Ribush and Mr Perlman owned the confectionery factory. Mr Ribush was a confectioner who was studying medicine, and was asked to join the business. Mr Perlman was an immigrant from Russia, who was married with a four year old son.
Photograph collected as part of Melbourne's Biggest Family Album in 2006.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original black and white print.
- Description Of Content:
- Staff group photograph of 13 woman and three men outside Bush's Confectionary Factory. They are standing and sitting on a footpath and driveway with a brick building behind them. A sign hangs on the wall behind saying "Bush's Confectioners Registered Office". The man on the far right is Dolia Ribush; Rosa Ribush stands to his left.
- Contributed by Mrs Rosa Perlman
|Tagged with:||factories, manufacturing, staff, streetscapes, immigration, confectionery, jewish communities, jewish immigration|
|Themes this item is part of:||Immigration Between World War I & World War II in Photographs, Working Lives & Work Places in Photographs, Working Life & Trades Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Food & Drinks - Confectionery|
|Tertiary Classification:||workers' portraits|
|Inscriptions:||Staff-Bush's Confectionary / circa 1935 Richmond (?) Murphy St|
|People Depicted:||Ribush, Mr Dolia; Ribush, Mrs Rosa; other people unknown|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Bush's Confectionary, Richmond, Victoria, Australia, circa 1935
Place Depicted Notes: Possibly 127 Murphy Street, Richmond. Further research required.
|References:||Information on names of people in photo provided by Nick Ribush via Discovery Centre, May 2010.|