Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Melbourne, Australia
Digital Photograph - Family Walking to the ANZAC Ceremony at the Shrine of Remembrance, Melbourne, 1935-1936 Reg. No: MM 110757
- Black and white photograph showing the Allen family in Melbourne on ANZAC Day, 1935-1936. They have watched the ANZAC Day march and are walking to the ceremony at the Shrine of Remembrance in the King's Domain parklands, adjacent to St Kilda Road. The photograph shows Walter, Ada, Perce, Mary, and Heather Allen.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original black and white print.
- Description Of Content:
- Two men, one woman and two girls in winter coats walking along a gravel path in a park. All are wearing hats.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Ms Charmaine Proctor, 2006
- Contributed by Ms Charmaine Proctor
|Tagged with:||anzac day, commemorations, families, public gardens, war memorials, world war i 1914-1918|
|Themes this item is part of:||Public Life & Institutions Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MILITARY HISTORY|
|Secondary Classification:||Civilian Life|
|Original Caption:||Walking up to Shrine of Remembrance for Anzac Day Service 1935-36|
|Inscriptions:||Walking up to Shrine of Remembrance for Anzac Day Service / 1935-36 / Walter & A?? Allen, Perce Allen, Mary Allen, Heather Allen|
|People Depicted:||Allen, Walter; Allen, Ada; Allen, Perce; Allen, Mary; Allen, Heather|
|Organisations Depicted:||Shrine of Remembrance, Melbourne|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1935-1936
Source of Date Depicted: Inscription on back of photograph.
|Photographer:||Holiday Picture Service