Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Noble Park, Australia
Digital Photograph - Four Girls Riding their Bikes to School, Noble Park, late 1950s Reg. No: MM 110872
- Black and white photograph showing Denise Taylor with her sisters Lorraine and Lynette, and their friend Beverley Lloyd, with their bicycles in Noble Park, 1958-1959.
They were cycling to Springvale High School, which was something they did every day. Denise remembers: 'It was good exercise, a 3 mile trip.' They cycled like this for two years until Denise's sisters left school. After that Denise opted for train travel, because she didn't want to cycle alone.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original black and white print.
- Description Of Content:
- Four girls in school uniforms - dresses and blazers - standing by their bicycles on a suburban street. The bikes all have baskets on the front with school bags in them. Houses are in the background.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mrs Denise Clarke, 2006
- Contributed by Mrs Denise Clarke
|Tagged with:||bicycles, school girls, school uniforms|
|Themes this item is part of:||Transport Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Primary Classification:||ROAD TRANSPORT|
|Tertiary Classification:||bicycle riding|
|Original Caption:||Girls riding to school|
|Inscriptions:||Ready for school Agnes St. 19/58/9 z 34|
|People Depicted:||Taylor, Denise; Lloyd, Beverley; Taylor, Lorraine; Taylor, Lynette|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Noble Park, Victoria, Australia, 1958-1959|