Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Shepparton, Australia
Digital Photograph - Boys Trying on Shoes at Remainder Auction House, Shepparton, 1955 Reg. No: MM 110931
- Black and white photograph featuring twin brothers Gavin and Wesley Gallagher, trying on shoes while working for their father, at a remainder auction house in Shepparton in 1955. This photograph was taken in their father's auction room. Gavin and Wesley had to work during the school holidays for their father. Their father Jack Gallagher sold everything, often stock remainders such as hardware, shoes, clothing, paint and similar goods.
This photograph was collected as part of Melbourne's Biggest Family Album in 2006.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original black and white print.
- Description Of Content:
- One boy sitting down, allowing another to fit a shoe onto his foot. There are boxes of shoes they have been trying on in front of them, and shelves full of shoes behind them.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mrs Janet Soo, 2006
|Tagged with:||families, retailing, shoes, aftelsuxt|
|Themes this item is part of:||Working Lives & Work Places in Photographs, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|People Depicted:||Gallagher, Gavin; Gallagher, Wesley|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Shepparton, Victoria, Australia, 1955
Source of Date Depicted: Contributor's memory.