Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Melbourne, Australia
Digital Photograph - Woman Walking Down Bourke Street With Suitcase, Melbourne, 1930s Reg. No: MM 110935
- Photograph showing Alice Bent, walking down Bourke Street, Melbourne with a suitcase, 1930-1939. According to the family: 'The photograph was taken by a street photographer. They would then give you a ticket and suggest you go to the studio to pick up the prints.'
- Description Of Content:
- Woman in hat and coat walking down paved footpath among crowds, carrying a suitcase.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mrs Lorraine Louden, 2006
- Contributed by Mrs Lorraine Louden
|Themes this item is part of:||Images & Image Making Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Secondary Classification:||Metropolitan - Melbourne|
|Tertiary Classification:||street life|
|Inscriptions:||Taken while / walking down / Bourke Street (City|
|People Depicted:||Bent, Alice|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1930s
Source of Date Depicted: Contributor's estimate.