Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Depicted Brunswick West, Australia
Digital Photograph - Serviceman Standing with his Wife, Brunswick West, 1940 Reg. No: MM 110941
- Black and white photograph showing Donald Livermore, who was about to leave for service in World War II, with his wife Joyce in Brunswick West, 1940. Mr Livermore was a gunner who served in the 22 Australian Anti Aircraft Regiment until his discharge in 1944. He was 39 years of age when he enlisted.
- Digital image file. A digital photograph was taken of the original black and white print.
- Description Of Content:
- Serviceman standing with his wife, in a park. He is in uniform holding his slouch hat, and she is wearing a hat and a fur stole.
- Acquisition Information:
- Copied from Mrs Lorraine Louden, 2006
- Contributed by Mrs Lorraine Louden
|Tagged with:||families, military uniforms, servicemen, wars conflicts, world war ii 1939-1945|
|Themes this item is part of:||Life During World War II in Photographs, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Melbourne's Biggest Family Album Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MILITARY HISTORY|
|Inscriptions:||Printed by Harringtons|
|People Depicted:||Livermore, Donald Edwin; Livermore, Joyce|
|Format:||Digital Still Image: Black & White; Tiff|
|Place & Date Depicted:||Brunswick West, Victoria, Australia, 1940
Source of Date Depicted: Inscription on related photograph MM 110938.